Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Apricot Tree

This is a little painting I did for a Maverix Studios Holiday Auction that's coming up on December 2nd .

http://maverixstudios.blogspot.com/

The tree and the border are black fabric that I've sewn onto the piece, and on the back I put a poem that I wrote (that is really a song) that I sing to my little baby. It goes like this:

It's just you and me
underneath the apricot tree

On a summers day
How much sweeter can life be?

The grass in our toes
the breeze is blowing through the leaves

It's just you and me
underneath the apricot tree



...so, one of these days, I'll quit it with all the baby themed art.....but for now, I am totally immersed in it.


11 comments:

Colin Fix said...

Once again, great work!!! I love this lil' piece..........and more baby themed art please.

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

this is awesome!! i really like the idea of the black fabric.

Anonymous said...

really nice, I also love the dragon costum.

Enis said...

great stuff you have here.very inspiring

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ron Bowman said...

Very cute stuff. The dragon costume rules!

Wayne Porter said...

very nice work here!

Unknown said...

neato!

Krissy said...

Oh Anne I love it! That song is so precious. And I really like how you added fabric over the painting to make the tree and border, what a cool touch!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful illustration, I really like it.

Tina Solar - Owner of www.theparentpack.org said...

Nice work Annie, love the baby themed stuff. You are very talented. I also love the costume, very nice work indeed. Your model is pretty cute too!

Tina Solar